Friday, May 29, 2009

MONSTER STORY (PART ONE)


There were never any monsters lurking behind my bedroom
closet door. I knew this to be true.


There was, however, a monster lurking behind my
grandma's closet door, as I learned one day
when I was 6.

On that day, when I was visiting my grandma, she left me alone
in her house. "Be good," she said. "I'll be back in a few minutes."

When she was well gone, I heard a horrid raspy voice
from behind the door: "Little boy! Unlock the door
or I will eat you up!"
Seeing the flaw in the monster's strategy, I declined.
But the monster persisted: "I got BATMAN stickers for you!"
"I don't like BATMAN anymore" I said. "I like the GREEN
HORNET."
"Oh, yeah, me got them too! Let me out and me show you!"

I am ashamed to say I fell for this ruse. There were
no GREEN HORNET stickers to be had...

TO BE CONTINUED

2 comments:

Larry Levine said...

Fun drawings & story!!!

PS: I fell for the same trick as a kid, but in my case it was Chuck Jones stickers (monsters always know our weaknesses).

Amir Avni said...

Neat story Will! :)