Monday, May 25, 2009

SMALL ROOM: DAY 730...and counting


Believe it or not this blog celebrates its second anniversary today. Recently I read somewhere someone said: "Blogging is easy. Blogging for a long time is hard." Comparatively speaking, 2 years is a drop in the bucket but the temptation to quit is always there. Fortunately the whole format of blogging is conducive to my temperament: random, sporadic and eclectic. Also, the many individuals' blogs I read remain highly satisfying and enlightening, so staying in is my way of paying back. Traffic swells and wanes, (I don't use a counter so I never know exactly how much); I run out of ideas for posts or run out of time for scanning but sooner or later I seem to come up with something new roughly every 3-to-10 days. I can't quite seem to get more consistent than that, which is why I always knew I'd never be able to do a syndicated comic strip.

Lately there have been a spate of other internet forms of staying in touch, but somehow this one suits me best, old-fashioned as it is. If blogging isn't soon eclipsed by some sub-cutaneous nano-chip you can 'tweet' with your eyebrow, I will keep on posting. Many thanks to all the people who keep interested and otherwise encourage the perpetuation of this corner of the web.

NOTE: I recently turned off "Comment Moderation" because I was having trouble publishing visitor comments away from my home network. I fixed the glitch but innocently left it off...until a pretty relentless spammer from somewhere in East Asia bombarded a solid several months worth of posts. As a result "Comment Moderation" is back on, your patience is appreciated.

7 comments:

Daryl T said...

Happy Anniversary!

Larry Levine said...

Happy 2nd Anniversary!!!

Eric Scales said...

Happy Anniversary! As long as you like posting we like reading- keep it up!

chrisallison said...

Congrats, Will! I hope you keep sharing because we all certainly have more to learn!

david gemmill said...

congratulations. looking forward to more drawings, animation, cartoon talk etc.!

Floyd Norman said...

Hey Will,

More than anyone else you're the one who got me blogging. I'm not sure if that's a good -- or a bad thing.

Anyway, Happy Anniversary!

Will Finn said...

Thanks everybody. Floyd if I even had any tiny catalyst in your blog i am honored indeed. It's a blast to see all the great photos, art, and insights you have every day!