If you are in Los Angeles this weekend, (or planet Burbank to be exact), you are in luck: CTN EXPO is being held Friday thru Sunday with a packed program of Creative Talent Network alumni dishing out animation gold. Here's a rundown on the program:
• Dreamworks Animation talent goes to CTN-X with Production Designer Kathy Altieri, Animation Supervisor Dave Burgess, 3D animator Jason Ryan and many more.
• Over 300 years of top talent talk casually about their careers and share industry secrets. Peter de Sève, Harald Siepermann, Kent Melton, Mike Mignola, Lou Romano along with live demonstrations from top industry talent maquette artists Kent Melton and Ruben Procopio and many more all weekend long.
• Find out the other secret from "The Secret of the Kells" with creators and moderator Charles Solomon.
• The City of Burbank declares "Animation Week" for the Creative Talent Network.
• Join us in this rare opportunity when leading characters designers from around the world get together for this round table entitled "The Line Kings". http://www.ctnanimationexpo.com/the-line-kings/
• Over 50 presenters who have contributed to some of the highest grossing films in the history of animation, 60 exhibitors, studio portfolio reviews, after hours networking, screenings and an opportunity of a lifetime to meet and greet in an intimate privileged setting with this group. http://www.ctnanimationexpo.com/schedule/the_crew/
• Special Screenings of “The Secret of the Kells” followed by round table discussions with the Producer and Director moderated by LA Film Critic Charles Solomon. “Banjo the Woodpile Cat” 30 years later with Don Bluth and Gary Goldman moderated by Cartoon Brew Founder and Animation Historian Jerry Beck.
• Recession Buster Raffle. $1000 cash plus prizes. One winner a day.
• Pixar is in the house with Art Director Daisuke “Dice” Tsutsumi, Animator and founder of Spline Doctors Andrew Gordon, Character Designers Derek Monster, Scott Morse, Bill Presing and more.....click here!
CTN-X takes place at the Burbank Marriott Convention Center with ample discounted parking, conveniently located near the Burbank Airport and Amtrak Station. Early bird pricing and discounted rates are available to students, active military and professional industry organizations. Have over 100 conversations in one weekend at this very different event. Early bird prices extended to Nov 15th. Prices start at $25 for exhibit floor only. For more information and to register, please visit:www.ctnanimationexpo.com or call, (800) 604-2238.